Thursday 6 December 2012

Guidelines on the labelling of pharmaceutical products

This is a post that's related to my field of packaging. I have now been interacting with a company called KAROMI, who develop enterprise solutions for a variety of domain. They have now ventured into packaging domain in which they help the clients - the pharmaceutical companies - to manage their artwork and establish seamless communication channels with the graphic artwork development process for the medical products - (Here is the link to their website)

As I began to interact with these guys, I became curious in studying about what this drug - compliant artwork labelling meant. So, I have researched some common day to day pharma products and have tried presenting these data in a 'lay-man-digestible' image.

I also wish to convey here that the material below is not collected from Karomi and hence is not their endorsed opinion. It is just my 'blind' capturing of details for research storage.  


I have used a free application called XMind, to generate a mindmap (a visual representation in a map format), exported it as an image and then used the services of a free image hosting website service - FreeImageHosting.net to put up this image.

Click Here to open a detailed description about the general guidelines 


Click Here to open a detailed description about the individual drug based labeling guidelines

If there is any other pharma labeling guidelines I have missed out. feel free to add them in the comments section. It would be helpful to the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment